Not the right time to begin the course? I get it!
Whether you're hoping to join soon and the timing wasn't right, or you just need to trust me more, I understand! But I want to leave you with something. That's why I'm offering you a discount on one of my most popular videos...
Have you ever watched Mark Guiliana, Brian Blade, Eric Harland, Dan Weiss, or Ari Hoenig play and thought "I want what they have"?
So did I. What I've come to realize over the years, and especially as I made this video, is that "Faster Hands" misses the point. It may be a side effect of good drumming, but it's not a cause.
Think about it. Brian Blade. Bill Stewart. Nasheet Waits. Dan Weiss. Joey Baron.
Have you ever watched them play and thought "if only this guy had practiced more technique?" No.
That's because what they're tapping into something that more technical players are also tapping into - Flow State, or what I call Upload Speed, and whether it's fast notes around the toms or a perfectly placed cymbal crash, it's all the same.
Here Are Some Characteristics of Good Upload Speed
- Relaxed body language, like a boxer.
- Playing ideas with intensity and assertion. They're committing to everything they play.
- Everything looks and sounds like it was planned. Nothing takes them by surprise.
By Contrast, Here Are Some Characteristics of Bad Upload Speed
- Thinking about what you're going to play, thinking am I playing impressively enough?
- "Hiccups" in your playing, when you go for something and it messes up your groove or feel.
- Awkward movement, as if things are "taking you by surprise".
SO - HOW DO WE FIX IT?
In the video, I outline four key concepts that will help you get deeper into Flow State/Upload Speed.
- Yes, technique. We do have to make sure your hands feel comfortable, so you can stop thinking about them.
- Sticking. We want to make you able to think about where you're going to land, not which diddle rudiment to play.
- Orchestration. The art of taking simple ideas and varying them gradually, to develop idioms that are your own.
- Upload Speed. We put everything together and I show you how to practice achieving Flow State.
Heard enough? Get Faster hands at the discounted price, and "try out" more of the great instruction that's in the course!
how is faster hands different from the material in the coaching course?
The coaching course is meant to simulate six-to-nine-months of focussed coaching with me, as if I were your private teacher, and will take you from feeling "shakey" in many areas and unsure where to focus your energy to a level where you feel in control of your ideas behind the drums and are able to turn off your brain and Just Play.
The Faster Hands package is like an "ala carte" option that gives you a taste of one aspect of what you'll enjoy in the course: Upload Speed. If you like exercises, this is the package for you: it has more mind/body-bending exercises-per-minute than any other product.
Play Better Solos.
Try faster hands, and you'll soon feel both more in-control of your idea-flow and get a deep preview of what to expect from the course. If you decide to do the course later-on, great! If not, you'll still have faster upload speed and be able to play better solos.
Get started today! get faster hands for a discount i'm only offering to this list, and start playing better solos.