80/20 Coaching Solves the problem with lessons
You don't need an expert sitting in the same room with you every week. So why pay for one?
Drummer after drummer told me they were sick of spending money on weekly lessons and not getting better. That's because you don't need to see a teacher every week. You need guidance to improve on your own, and periodic "check-ups".
Coaching Solve the Real Problem.
- What to work on every day of every week so you can be sure you're really digging into your weaknesses and not just wasting time.
- Feedback when and where you need it. Instead of paying a teacher to watch you practice every week, you need an expert to "check in" with you, monitor your progress on a few key indicators, and adjust your course.
- Accountability. Why does a football team practice together instead of each in his own yard? Because the coaches and the team spirit keeps everybody motivated. It's the same way with the drums. When you know somebody's going to watch your videos at the end of the week, that's a powerful motivator.
It's the time "In Between" lessons that really counts
A teacher can give you knowledge and tell you what to practice, but a coach actually shows you what to practice, and checks up on your progress.
80/20 Coaching clients have regularly-updated personal practice routines based on their personal goals, and they submit videos of their progress regularly, based on "homework assignments", that I and other members of the community will see, and comment on.
Now that's focussed practice.
Here's what coaching will include
- An initial analysis of a video you send me, and regular updates as you progress.
- A personalized practice routine, updated regularly based on your progress.
- Personal videos. If there's an existing video with the content, I'll use that, linking to the exact time index. If there's no existing video, I'll make one from scratch.
- Personal transcriptions of the exercises, where relevant.
Here's what coaching can do for you
- Condense a year's worth of progress into three months, by finding and focusing on the most important things.
- Provide you motivation, accountability, and feedback.
- Work with your individual pace and learning style.